Saturday, April 6, 2013

Exploring Journal Therapy

I haven't had much to write about lately. I guess I needed a blogging break. I've been looking into the things I learned about myself during last month's NaBloPoMo. By the way, I'm so tired of typing that. I'm not getting very far though. I've learned that what I'm interested in is known as Expressive Arts Therapy. I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to start doing since I want to teach people how to do it instead of being a licensed therapist. I don't have the wherewithal to go through enough schooling to get a PhD. Besides, the whole point is to teach people how to examine themselves so that they have options for the times that they can't go to a therapist or don't want to. Opening up to a stranger can be really difficult and really expensive. I want to give people what I wish I had been given.

I found a journal therapy certification program that could be helpful but I have to prove that I am worthy of the program. Right now, I have nothing to show that I am a good candidate and I'm not really sure what I would need in order to be considered. I'm also looking for literacy programs. Helping people with their reading and writing might be a good way to start. Not much luck there either though. I found one in my area but they aren't hiring and don't seem to have any volunteer opportunities. I might not be looking hard enough though. I get frustrated so easily these days because I feel like there aren't any options for me. I don't want to be in this same position for the rest of my life. I'm starting to think that I need to move in order to have options but really that's not an option now. I need money but I'm getting too old to work jobs that don't work towards a future. By the time I sit down for an interview for Expressive Arts Therapy teaching, I need some experience that relates! I'm pretty sure that McDonald's won't be considered experience.

Well, enough of that. I just need to do more research. I know I'm not the first person in the world to think of this, so I need to find out what other people have done and figure out something that will work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.