Thursday, June 27, 2013

NaBloPoMo June 27

Thursday, June 27, 2013
Do you like to stay in one place for a long period of time, or do you like to move around?

I wish I was the type who liked to move around. The reality is that I need some place that is my own, that I go back to every night where I feel comfortable. I wouldn't be able to move around a lot, maybe every few years, but not frequently. I don't want to always have to leave friends and make new ones or live out of suitcases. That's why I could never travel the world the way I want to. I could never stay in hostel after hostel with people I don't know invading my space. For me, invading my space is being someone I don't know and being in the same area that I'm sleeping in. It might seem extreme to most people, but that's something that can happen when you've dealt with the things I have. You either get used to it or you become territorial. I became territorial and desperate for security. So, that's what I need, my own territory.

I wonder how I will feel once I have that. If I can create my own security, maybe I will feel freer to move more or travel more.
NaBloPoMo June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.