Monday, March 11, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 11 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #7
Next week kicks off BlogHer Entrepreneurs conference, a meeting of minds for women who "want to start something." Tell us what you'd love to start.

It's not so much what I want to to start but what I wish someone would start. The reality is I'm a big picture type of person, a dreamer. I have a really hard time with the logistics of those dreams. All of the little details or steps necessary to achieve the dream become monotonous to me and I get discouraged and give up or lose interest.

All of that aside, I truly believe in journal therapy. Whether it is writing, drawing, art journalling, whatever other type of journalling you can think of, I believe in its healing power. However, it seems like few people do it and even fewer have any direction in the ways to make it helpful. I myself have been bumbling around, seeing its potential but not knowing just how to properly harness it. That got me thinking about how beneficial it would have been if someone had taught me how to use journalling as therapy when I was young.

So, I would like to start an organization that teaches children about journalling as therapy. I'm not quite sure how it would work since I'm still learning myself but I imagine it starting like a group therapy session and depending on the person, eventually moving on to individual sessions until they have a handle on it and are ready to use the skills on their own. I probably should've been a psychology major. I might have a clearer idea with more knowledge.

_______________________________

Something else I was thinking about was what people are doing to increase recycling and clear out landfills. I once read that children in some third world countries work in landfills to make some money. It's dangerous and terrible. Children shouldn't have to work at all. But it got me wondering if there was a way to make it safe. If it was possible to make it safe, then organizations could be started that are dedicated to clearing some stuff out of landfills. People could go through landfills and pull out recyclables and things that need special disposing. Besides helping the environment, it would create lots of jobs. Plus, that could also help those poor children. If we can't provide enough help to allow them to not have to work, maybe we can at least provide proper equipment to make to job safer. I doubt that I'm the first one to think of that though and I'm certainly not going to be able to be the brains behind that operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.