Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 20 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #14
Are you more likely to take or avoid a risk?

It really depends on where I am in my life and my emotional state. Going across the country to college was a big risk but I took it because I was in dire need of a new environment. Any risk was worth getting away. Posting my writing online is a huge risk for me, but my desire to improve has overridden all the fears that I have.

However, when I am lacking confidence, I will avoid every risk. I get depressed and start believing that I'm not capable of things and go completely into a shell. It usually takes a few weeks or sometimes a few months before I come out of that. Anything I could've possibly done during that time gets completely ignored. There's usually something I end up wishing that I had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.