Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today's Musings

I've been talking and thinking about writing so much lately that I've neglected my love for photography. I started a flickr account and am working on getting my photos out there. Hopefully I'll get help improving them and will figure out how incorporate photography into my future. Unlike writing, I think I could actually make a living off photography without losing my love for it. I feel like with writing, the pressure and the control I'd have to give up to editors and publishers would cause me to hate writing. I lost my love for writing once and it was because of being forced to write and to write by my idiot teachers' standards. Maybe I'm worrying too much but I really don't want to find myself in that position again.

If I had my ideal situation then I would meet up with someone who wants to be a traveling journalist and we would work together. I'd take the photos to accompany the articles. Then I'd be able to take non-related photos that I could sell. So I would be a photojournalist/commercial/fine arts photographer. Plus I would do some writing on the side. Frankly, I'm not sure how to make any of that happen.

First things first I guess. I have to get my photos and writing out into the public to be seen by someone who can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.