Thursday, November 7, 2013

Finally Moving Along

I haven't been writing nearly as much as I should. It always seems like the times I need writing the most are the times that I write the least. Not sure what kind of sense that makes.

Things haven't changed too much for me since the last time I wrote but the few changes there are, are pretty significant. First, I am taking a class to become a tax preparer. If I pass the class, come January I will have a job for a few months. Having something current on my resume will be so helpful. I really got pushed into this and was incredibly annoyed about it. I hate when I let myself get pushed into something I don't want to do. It almost always ends badly. However, I don't really have other options. Around here, they say that you can apply somewhere and not hear back for 6 to 8 months. I really can't be sitting around waiting for that. So, the tax class it is. If nothing else, it can go in my education section.

Second, it turns out that someone I knew my freshman year of college lives around here too. We have talked a few times. He keeps saying that he will take me out and show me around, but I'm not holding my breath for that. It's just nice to know that there is someone around that I know.

Third, I may have made a friend. You don't realize how a big a deal that is until you don't have any friends. I say may because I met him online and haven't met in person yet. I told him that I was only interested in friendship but we all know that sometimes guys ignore you when you say that. He seems genuine though so only time will tell. In the meantime, I'm enjoying getting to know someone.

So, something is finally happening that isn't horrible. That's a nice feeling.

Oh, and the leaves finally changed colors! It's not quite as beautiful and vibrant as it was back in Washington but still beautiful. I was starting to feel like I was going to miss out on the best part of fall. Now, I just have to get used to fall coming a bit later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are changing. Sometimes all it takes is a little movement to gets the wheels in motion. Good luck with the test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now, I just have to keep them in motion.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.