Sunday, September 24, 2017

5 Imaginary Lives

I was watching Lavendaire's YouTube channel and came across this video. This exercise is from The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I really need to finish reading that book. The idea is to imagine what you would do if you had multiple lives to live and then figure out how to bring some aspects of those lives into your actual life.

1. Photographer
I'm not sure when I fell for photography but I know it was when I was young. I actually think that I have a very good eye for photography. The thing that holds me back is the technical aspect. I need to pull my camera out more often and go on day trips that will allow me to flex that muscle.

2. Archeologist
I always felt drawn to ancient Egyptian and ancient Mayan culture. I received a computer game that was about exploring Mayan ruins. My best friend at the time and I wanted to plan a trip to explore the ruins in real life. She's not in my life anymore but maybe it's time to make that trip happen with someone else.

3. Interior Designer
There was a time in my life that I was thinking about either going into interior design or architecture. I almost failed geometry so I decided that architecture might not be my thing (although I just watched Abstract on Netflix which kind of reignited my interest in architecture) but interior design still intrigues me. I've been working on decorating my space. It is slow going but will feel great once it is done.

4. Geologist
I'm not sure if geologist is the right term as my focus would be on gemstones and crystals. When I was young, I collected rocks, mostly from my school playground. Because of this, I was given a little gemstone kit and decided to do a project based on it for my school's science fair. I loved learning about the gemstones and have been interested ever since. If gemstones and crystals weren't so expensive they would be the majority of my decor. Maybe I should set money aside to start buying some so I can at least have them around me.

5. Writer
Quite frankly, I think that if I could just write and travel the world, I'd be happy. Writing is vital for my life, hence this blog, but it's much more for self expression than something that many people would actually want to read. Taking the time to do research and write posts that are more than just self expression might be a good idea. Writing more poetry would be good too.

Creative exercises are so interesting. They bring up so many unexplored things. I need to do more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.