Monday, February 17, 2020

Updating My 2020 Goals

It's mid-February and I already realized that I need to reevaluate my goals for the year. My goals were good but I realized that they were too focused on building a future business but not enough on other areas of my life. I'm not going to create the kind of business that I want by letting areas of my life fall by the wayside. I came up with something a bit more balanced.

Goal #1
Get my finances under control. Come up with a plan to invest regularly and to build an emergency fund.

Goal #2
Pick charities to support. I used to support some regularly but once money got tight I was unable to anymore. It won't be much right now but I'm tired of not making a difference for anyone. I believe in the butterfly effect so I believe that something small can lead to big things.

Goal #3
Take one journaling course, one NLP course, and one EFT course. I do believe in the power of these techniques and I would like to make them part of my life.

Goal #4
Create a mindfulness practice. I had a good morning routine going for a while but I began waking up in the night a lot and needing the extra sleep. So I'm going to try coming up with a short routine for the morning and a short one for after work. I always need a good way to decompress after a long day. Some part of the practice will include journaling.

Goal #5
Write one poem a month. I haven't written a poem in years and I'm not happy about it. I'm going to focus on getting my poetic voice back.

These goals feel much more balanced to me. Now to create a real plan for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.