Saturday, January 22, 2011

Morning Pages

So I came across this idea called "Morning Pages". I guess its from a book called "The Artist's Way". I've never heard of the book but it sounds like a book I should really read. It's all about discovering and recovering your creativity. Recovering my creativity is what this blog is all about.

Anyways, Morning Pages is 3 pages of free writing every morning. You are supposed to write down every silly, petty, negative, positive, and important thing that comes to mind. The point is to get rid of all those things because they could be blocking your creative spirit. It's also about teaching yourself to stop judging yourself and just write. It's about silencing that voice in your head that tells you that what you do isn't good enough.

I find the idea intriguing. I have lots of negative thoughts and emotions that are blocking me from a lot of things. If this really works then it would help me dump all of that stuff. I'm sure it would take quite a while to get through it all, it took years for it all to build up. Plus, someone on YouTube mentioned that it helped them make decisions. It helped them discover some things they really wanted.

So, I'm going to try it. I'm concerned about my inability to commit to things. But this could be something that really helps me so I have to try. I would really like to get out of this hole I've been in for way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.