Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guiding Word Of The Year For 2013

I decided not to make New Year's resolutions this year. Everytime I make a list of resolutions, whether New Years or not, I never complete it and I resent myself for failing. Obviously I need a different way of operating in order to get things done. So I didn't even bother thinking about resolutions this year. Then I was inspired by this post over at Show My Face. Every year CallMeCate choses a guiding word. So, I'm stealing the idea.

My guiding word this year is:
Action

While I did quite a bit of self reflection this last year in an attempt to improve my inner world, I did very little to improve my outer world. So this year as I continue improving my inner self, I need to do more for the rest of myself. I need to take charge and become a woman of action. That means getting out and doing more, more exercise, actively trying to meet people I am compatible with, actively searching for a better job, and clearing out the junk to better my physical environment. This year I need to move on to more than just self reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.