Saturday, April 27, 2013

National Poetry Month

Did you know that April is National Poetry Month? I did and yet I haven't written a single poem. How annoying... and ironic for someone who considers herself a poet. To be fair I was travelling for almost 2 weeks trying to come up with a possible solution to my current life problems. Its quite difficult to be in a poet's frame of mind under those circumstances. I've found that I have to be comfortable to write and I wasn't comfortable staying in other peoples' homes. However, I'm not travelling anymore and I still have nothing to write.

I would like to celebrate National Poetry Month so I'm holding out hope that I'll find some inspiration in the next couple of days. If nothing else, maybe I'll repost and old poem. I wrote one last month that I'm particularly proud of, although maybe its too soon to repost that. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.