Thursday, October 18, 2018

Journaling Again

It's been quite sometime since I have written anything and even longer since I've written regularly. Writing has kind of failed me lately. I do not even have the energy for it and it is very disconcerting. This is part of the reason I feel like I'm flailing right now.

The year started out so well. I had big plans for my guiding word of the year, I had started dating a man that I really liked, I had finally gotten a full time job that I thought was going to be long term and I was hunting for an apartment. I got the apartment and my relationship is going so well that we moved in together. However, the job turned out to be a disaster. If I knew half of what I know now about the CEO and the advisors there, I never would have taken the job. I ended up being let go because I stood up for myself and gave the CEO realistic expectations about how long it takes to complete certain tasks. The troubles at work drained my energy and my guiding word fell by the wayside.

Now I am not sure what my next step should be. I keep attracting these kinds of jobs where I have a male boss with a weak ego who gets off on lording his position over women. I am not sure why I still attract that kind of energy. I know I need to figure that out and focus on what my career plan should be. I don't know where to start though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.