Monday, February 4, 2019

Guiding Word of the Year for 2019

I have really struggled with deciding on what to do with this year's guiding word of the year. At first after thinking about it for awhile, I considered keeping my guiding word for 2018 going into 2019. My issues with my former employer gave me so much stress and really derailed my progress in 2018. I really did not focus on that guiding word much so I wanted to try again. However, it didn't give me that settled feeling that I usually get when I find my word of the year. So I decided to keep reflecting and see what happened.

I don't know exactly where the revelation came from but suddenly I realized that I live my life in fear. I have been stuck for awhile because I've been fearful and too tired to address it. It was pretty sad to realize. When I started this blog, the catalyst was the Anias Nin quote I have posted on top, over there. ------------>
I was tired of hiding and not growing so I started journaling here to work through my blocks and heartache. I healed in many ways and made big changes in my life. I was really proud of my progress. However, some of those changes and chances I took blew up in my face in a big way and forced me into a situation I worked very hard to avoid. Now I'm living in a very conservative city as a woman of mixed heritage with no friends because I don't fit it, being mistreated at every job I've had, and with no real prospects for advancement despite being highly skilled.

Now I realize that I am paralyzed in fear of taking another chance and that has to change. I'll never get out of this situation if I don't start taking big chances.

My guiding word of the year is:
Courage

I don't know how I am going to put this into action yet. It's going to take more reflection to get a better handle on what exactly I want. I have a basic idea, but I will need to be more specific before I can make a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.