Monday, September 24, 2012

Organizing!

Since I'm trying to improve my life, I've started looking back over my life and trying to figure what has worked for me in the past that I can implement now. The best and most productive time of my life was my first semester of college. Many of the reason it was good, I can't implement right now but there is one thing I can. That semester I was organized. I had developed a system that worked. Everything had a place and I used a dry-erase calendar and a planner to keep track of everything. So, my plan is to get organized again.

I've started purging. I've realized that when I don't feel safe or I am emotionally distraught in some way, I become a complete pack-rat and incredibly cluttered. It's either a defense mechanism or a physical manifestation of my inner chaos. Most likely its both. So, I am getting rid of stuff I don't use. Its a slow process because there's quite a few years of this mess. But it is happening, and its amazing how its affecting my spirit. Just getting rid of a few things has made me feel lighter.

The other thing that I'm doing to get organized, that I'm quite proud of, is I'm making my own day planner. I've used planners in the past for school. When I used them regularly they were so helpful. So I think I can make one that can be applied to my life. It's still a work in progress but its coming along. I think I'm done designing the pages, I have to try it out to be sure, but I'm missing the supplies to put it together. I'm going to a couple of stores tomorrow to see if I can find what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.