Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What Would You Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail

The Tao of Dana- Ask Yourself This Very Important Question

This post got me thinking. I fear failure because I know I will hear, "I told you so" from the people closest to me. My family feels like I should just get some 9-5 job doing anything to make me money. I feel like I deserve better than that and so does God and the world. You are supposed to take your talents and skills, develop them, and use them to make the world around you better. Somehow that's what I plan to do, if I can get past my fears and insecurities.

So, what would I do if I knew I couldn't fail?

1. Publish my poetry. I want books filled with my poetry and I want to be part of poetry anthologies.

2. Start or become part of a non-profit that teaches tramatized children how to use journalling as a way to help the healing process. It's been a slow process but journalling has done so much towards my own healing. I would love to share that with other people, especially children. I always wonder where I would be today if there had been someone who had taught me this earlier. I also find helping people to be quite fulfilling.

3. Get my photography in art galleries and magazines. I love creating beautiful photos with my camera. I don't have much experience but I am pretty good at it and will get better as I gain more knowledge and experience. I would love to see those photos in places of honor that display their beauty.

4. Get my essay/journal writing (whatever it would be classified as) published in magazines, books and blogs. I also love other types of writing. Sometimes I like to get straight to the point and say what I'm thinking rather than what I'm feeling. I find that I don't do that in poetry but in essay type writing.

5. Become a classically trained violinist. I've talked about learning to play the violin before on this blog.

6. Become a classically trained singer. This one is a new thought. I used to love to sing when I was a kid. I don't know if my voice changed or if I just became more aware of how I sounded as I got older but I really have no control over my voice when I try to sing now. I would love to have a beautiful singing voice.

The first four are the ones I want the most and most likely will have to achieve in order to feel fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.