Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Haunting Pain

My pain still feels fresh
Like a wound just inflicted
With blood dripping down my chest

It tortures me still
It haunts me like vengeful ghosts
Pain that chains me to my past


I wrote this because for two nights in a row I found myself crying myself to sleep over the past. I am sick of thinking about it and writing about it. I'm really sick of feeling it. I'm ready to heal. I know that can't possibly happen as long as I only write about it. I should be talking about it with a therapist or at least other members of my family. I can't bear to do it though. I tried talking to my aunt once about being emotionally abused by my parents but she didn't want to hear it. She shut me down real quick with a parenting is hard speech. Kind of ironic that someone who dealt with people who had been abused in her career doesn't want to hear about it in her own family. That's how it usually goes though. Its that "these things only happen to other people" mentality. Oh well, I'll get up the courage to try again and I won't let her shut me down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.