Thursday, October 4, 2012

Don't Feel Like Writing

I have no desire to write. I don't even want to write this post. I haven't done a Sunday Whirl or a Three Word Wednesday in quite some time. I haven't even written any other poem either. And I don't even want to. Weird! Usually when I haven't written I start to get restless and annoyed with myself. This time, I'm not the slightest bit worried. I wouldn't even have thought to post about it if it wasn't so weird.

Perhaps designing my own planner has been enough of a creative outlet to satisfy me. Actually it might be even better. Designing it made me feel like I accomplished something. When I finally find the materials to put it together and get it assembled, I'll feel even more accomplished. Writing doesn't give me that feeling. Writing just destresses me, or helps me sort out something going on in my head. Necessary but not an achievement. Maybe creating things that I think will improve my life is what I really need right now. I guess I need to start thinking of something else to make for when this planner thing is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.