Sunday, October 6, 2013

Need a New Approach

Well, I have finally stressed myself out to the point of making myself sick. *sigh* It just keeps getting better and better. Obviously, my body is giving me a not-so-subtle warning that I need to step back. I have been applying to every possible job I can come up with. I guess I've been trying to play the odds game, plus that's what everyone keeps telling me to do. Every time I turn around, my aunt has another place I should apply to. Everywhere I go I get asked whether I've found a job yet. Sure, these people are just concerned but it just adds to the pressure I'm already under. Obviously, its not working.

Now, I need to come up with a different approach. I think I'm going to pick a few places that I am actually interested in working and push for those. What's the point of stressing myself out over jobs I don't even want just to get a paycheck? If I was on my own then that would be different. But I'm not in that situation so I should stop acting like I am. I am lucky enough to have people willing to take care of me and I should take advantage of that. Of course, I don't mean mooch off of them. I mean that I have the chance and, for the first time in a long time, the will to look at my options and find what's best for me. I'll give it a try and see how it works. If nothing else, I'll probably be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.