Friday, March 21, 2014

No Time For My Creative Self

Let me start this off by saying that I am so grateful to be working again. I feel like I'm actually doing something worthwhile again plus it is allowing me to finally work on some things that I have been wanting for a very long time.

It has been detrimental to my creative self though. My creative self begins waking up at around 10 pm. I can feel her start to stir. The problem is, that's when I need to head to bed so that I get enough sleep for work. I have to wake up by 7 am and it usually takes me awhile to fall asleep. Stifling my creative self has been hugely damaging in the past and I don't see how that isn't true now. Fortunately, I was working on creating my life organizer for quite some time which was enough to sustain her. Now that all that is left is a few finishing touches, she is screaming for more.

I can't figure out how to remedy this. If she doesn't want to write until nighttime and I don't have another project to work on yet, I'm stuck. I have plans for a creative outlet journal but it is going to cost me money that I don't have to get the supplies together. So, I'm wondering, those of you who are night owls like me, who's creative selves don't wake up until late, how do you balance that with a day job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.