Thursday, April 17, 2014

Update On My Femininity Journey

You might remember from this post that I am trying to reclaim my femininity. I am pretty frustrated at this point. My main focus is strengthening my body and increasing my flexibility. Neither of which is going well. Now that I am working 9-5, I am finding it impossible to get everything I need to get done after work, which includes exercise. On days that I don't exercise I find myself still with things I want to get done when it is time to go to bed. On the days that I exercise, that problem is so much worse. I can't seem to figure out how to solve it. Other people do it. I wish someone would tell me how.

To make matters worse, my flexibility isn't getting any better either. My hips and my hamstrings are so tight and no amount of stretching is helping. My lower back and between my shoulders blades are problem areas too. I'm assuming that the problem is something beyond tight muscles but I don't know what or how to find out. I'm looking for a chiropractor that has a good reputation and is affordable. That is an unlikely combination though. Still, I know that making sure that everything is aligned properly is the best first step I can make. After that, a full body massage to loosen muscles and release toxins is probably the best second step.

Something that is going well is updating my wardrobe. Overhauling your wardrobe is always going to be difficult and take time, but it will happen if you keep at it. So far, I've found 2 A-line skirts (my favorite shape), 2 wrap dresses, a shirtdress, 2 cardigans, and a crop cardigan. It's definitely a good start.

I have to remind myself to be kind to myself during this time. I've only been on this journey for a few months. A few months isn't long enough to undo 20+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.