Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lessons and Blessings

"We met for a reason – you are either a blessing or a lesson" 

-Frank Ocean

They say that every lesson is a blessing. I'm not sure if that's true. There are some lessons that people shouldn't have to learn. I never should've had to learn what abuse looks like. I never should've had to learn what sexual assault looks like. No one should. So, is it a blessing that I learned those lessons? If it keeps me from facing something worse, then I suppose so. If I can manage to use my experiences to help someone else, then yes. But I'm not sure that the lesson is the blessing. I think having the wherewithal to use that lesson for something good. That is the blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.