Saturday, May 4, 2013

Trying Haiku and Senryu

Since I was having problems with my poetry studies, I thought that maybe I was biting off more than I could chew. Maybe I'm too much of a neophyte to be heading down the road to sonnet writing yet. Even though I thought I was starting at the beginning. So, I decided to start working with poetry forms that I understand better and improve my skills with those first. I'm starting with haiku and senryu. Three line poems with set syllables for each line is actually more difficult than it sounds. I think learning haiku and senryu will help me begin to wrap my mind around the idea of poetry forms. I think its a better place to start. Here's my first attempt at a haiku or senryu. I haven't quite figured out the difference yet.

Goosebumps on my arms
His fingers run down my spine
Hot breath on my neck

Ha ha, guess you can tell where my mind is tonight. Anyways, I think this will be more enjoyable and less likely to discourage me.

Creative Commons License
Trying Haiku by Porcelain Lotus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.