Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Move Update

Well, I haven't exactly gotten off to a running start with the new life I'm trying to create. Of course, I didn't expect to. I'm not the type who can hit the ground running. I have to get my bearings first. But still, I'm overwhelmed. I have nothing and I don't know where everything is. I've been looking for a job but trying to figure out where it is compared to where I am is really slowing down the process. Atlanta's a huge place and I can't go across the city for work. I can't afford the gas and the traffic is terrible. I need a job that is relatively close by but trying to figure out what really is close by has been aggravating.

Plus, it won't be long before I really need to start meeting people and I'm not sure where to look. I need to be really conscious of who I let in my life since I have a history of bad judgement in this area. I want people will elevate me just like I'll try to elevate them. I'm staying with my aunt and uncle and it seems like all they really know when it comes to people is their church. I'm a pretty liberal Christian. Liberal Christian and conservative "Bible Belt" church do not go well together. So, what's a girl to do? I guess, get a job and see what happens from there.

I know I'm not saying anything new. People start over like this every day. But I've never done it and I feel like I'm flailing. Living out of a suitcase in someone else's house, isn't a good way for someone to feel grounded and secure. For someone who desperately needs to feel grounded and secure, this is a huge problem. But there is no other way around it. Until, I get a job and start earning enough money to pay rent and start buying things, I'm stuck. So different state, same problems. Hopefully, more opportunities to fix those problems though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.