Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quote: Albert Einstein

“I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to.” 

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I think this quote is supposed to apply to people older than me, but I feel like this now. I've had enough of all the expectations placed on me personally and women in general. I'm going to live my life the way I want to live it. I'm going to look the way I want to. I'm going to wear my hair natural, dress in the cute and feminine way that I want to, and I'm not going to worry about getting a tan. I'm going to go after the careers that I want even though people think I should just take whatever I can get. The list goes on. The bottom line is I am tired of living up to other peoples' standards instead of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.