Thursday, August 22, 2013

Quote: Hugh MacLeod

“Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the 'creative bug' is just a wee voice telling you, 'I'd like my crayons back, please.” 

-Hugh MacLeod, Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity

Ha, I know this feeling. I definitely lost my creativity thanks to essay writing. It wasn't that long ago that my inner child decided that she wouldn't lay dormant anymore and has been demanding her crayons ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.