Wednesday, June 12, 2013

NaBloPoMo June 12

Wednesday, June 12, 2013
What does getting back to your roots look like to you?

I don't feel like I have any roots. Between being given up for adoption and being very disconnected from my adoptive family, there just aren't any roots for me. So, for me, I am interested in creating roots. I plan on creating my own traditions and maybe even my own culture based on what I love and what I believe in. Its unlikely that I will ever really know much about my heritage so creating my own will be a good way to get grounded and to stay that way.

If I ever have children, I hope to have something to pass down to them that doesn't seem to exist right now. I want to be the one who plants the seed and grows roots. Then any future children can tend those roots and start creating a family tree. I'm not really sure how it will all work beyond coming up with holiday meals, especially for Christmas. I want Christmas to be a special time.

I do plan to take ideas from different cultures. I believe in understanding other cultures, sharing your own, and incorporating what you love into your own life so I will be doing research as time goes on. I am actually quite excited to see what I come up with. It will probably take a few years for me to find out what works for me.

NaBloPoMo June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.