Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Malala Yousafzai's Speech to the UN General Assembly

Just in case anyone hasn't read it, I thought I'd post a link to Malala Yousafzai's speech to the UN General Assembly. Its a powerful speech given by a young passionate girl who is living in a situation that should never have existed. I hope that one day through people like Malala speaking out and fighting against oppression, women and children will receive the rights that we all deserve. Even though I'm not a Muslim, I do hope that one day Islam can be seen as the peaceful religion that it is supposed to be rather than the violent, sexist travesty that terrorists have turned it into.
Malala Yousafzai's Speech to the UN General Assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.