Saturday, July 27, 2013

Quote: Lindy West, "Female 'Purity" Is Bullshit"

"The sexualization of women is only appealing if it’s nonconsensual. Otherwise it’s “sluttiness,”…. ” 

-Lindy West, “Female ‘Purity’ Is Bullshit”

This is very true. A woman's sexuality is only accepted if it is being expressed as an accessory or a trophy of a man. In other words, a woman's sexuality is only acceptable in this society if it is not in her control. That's so messed up. I've been trying to learn how to explore and take control of my own sexuality. Even though I haven't figured it out yet, I can see how beneficial it is and how detrimental the things I had been taught were. So many women are so damaged by having such an integral part of themselves taken away and turned into something dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.