Thursday, July 11, 2013

NaBloPoMo July 11

Thursday, July 11, 2013
If you were trapped in an elevator, which three bloggers would you most want with you in that situation?

Shannon of The Simply Luxurious Life- I've talked about this blog a little bit here. She and I have a similar philosophy about creating a life for yourself. Hers is quite a bit more developed than mine. I would love to pick her brain and find out how she got to the point she is at. I would especially like to know how she got started. I've been at a place where I am re-evaluating what I've been taught my whole life and figuring out what I want. I have been having trouble getting my footing and I would be interested in learning how she did.

SEXKITTEN of SEXKITTEN- I have been reading this blog off and on for quite awhile, a couple of years I think. She writes very candidly about sex, her struggles, and her thoughts on life. I envy her confidence, especially with her sexuality. Between growing up in a home where sex was taboo and going through abusive relationships, I have a very complicated relationship with sex and my sexuality. I also see that she has learned some lessons similar to my own as well as some I need to learn but haven't been able to figure out yet. Speaking to a woman who seems to have learned how to own her past and her sex would probably be very beneficial to me and possibly my healing.

Grace of everyday amazing- This woman writes some of the most beautiful poetry I've read. I have to admit that I get a bit discouraged when I read her work because it reminds me that I have a long way to go with my poetry. However, I prefer not to dwell on that and focus on the inspiration her poetry could be to me. I think it would be interesting to learn about her journey as a poet and her process when she writes.

I guess I need mentors in my life. That's probably what I'm looking for when I think about meeting new people. People who have gone before me and have qualities that I aspire for, would be great inspiration for me. They could also teach me a lot I'm sure.

Of course, since they are all bloggers, I could try to contact them. I'm way too shy though and wouldn't know what to say.
 
NaBloPoMo July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.