Tuesday, March 5, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 05

I'm skipping today's prompt because I've got something else on my mind. I read quite a few blogs and one of them is The Tao Of Dana. I came across this post Can You Let A Psychic Vampire Back Into Your Life. The thought that stood out to me was praying for and wishing the best for people who have wronged you.

I started thinking about the people who have wronged me and what I wish for them and its certainly not the best. Frankly, I want to see them punished for what they have done to me. I want to see them reap what they sow, for karma to work its magic. I'm still dealing with how these things have affected me, why shouldn't they have to deal with it too? I don't think I've ever prayed for any of them either.

Soooo, what kind of person does that make me? Also, doesn't wishing bad for people ultimately bring you down instead of them? Don't you forgive for your own sake, not necessarily for their sake? Ok, so now that I've had this realization, what am I supposed to do about it? It hasn't changed how I feel. The hurt hasn't gone away. I still want to see that there are consequences for mistreating people!

Yeah, yeah I'm well aware of what people say. You have to forgive to move on. You have to be willing to let go to move on. It's in the past so get over it. Blah blah blah. None of that actually helps someone going through what I'm going through. People say to forgive like its no big deal, like its easy. Of course, none of them tell you how to forgive. None of them tell you how to move on. I've come to the conclusion that its because they don't know how to any better than I do, they just like to have the "right" answer.

Well, I've gotten that off my chest. Now I guess its something I'm going to be pondering for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.