Thursday, March 28, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 28 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #20
Rambam said, "The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision." Would you rather be in a state of indecision or accepting the consequences of a wrong decision?

I would much rather be accepting the consequences of a wrong decision than be in a state of indecision. When I went to college I was a business major. That was a mistake. I should've been in something more creative. However, even though it was the wrong decision I was working towards something. I had goals, some of which I achieved, and I learned a lot about myself through the experience. I don't regret it but I did have to face the consequences. Not only had I wasted a whole bunch of money and was in debt with nothing tangible to show for it, I also had no idea what direction to go in next. Terror is definitely the proper word for that situation. I was in a state of indecision for quite a few years. I had no idea what I wanted. That's one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place. I was hoping that writing would expose what I really wanted.

Well, it worked. Now that I've decided that I want to teach journal therapy and that I want to write, I have a direction again. Even if it doesn't work and ends up being another wrong decision I won't regret this decision either. I will learn more about myself no matter what happens. If it ends up being the right decision then it'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.