Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 12 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #8
What is getting in the way of you reaching for your dreams?

I'm getting in the way of me reaching my dreams. Me and a lack of knowledge. I want to be a fine arts and maybe commercial photographer, but I still have a lot to learn to even get that started. I would love to get my writing published and start getting paid for it but I'm not sure how to go about making that happen. Plus, I'm not quite sure what style of writing I would want to publish. Poetry, essays, both, something else? I haven't decided.

I'm also very shy and have a lack of confidence which makes networking and putting myself out there almost impossible right now.  It wasn't always like that. Even though I've always been shy I was usually able to work with it. When my confidence is low is when the problems arise. I think my lack of direction contributes to it quite a bit. I'm pretty sure it will become less of a problem once I have a more solid idea of what I want and how to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.