Friday, March 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 01 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #1
Do you think it's better to play it safe or to take risks?

 I don't really have a quick answer for this question. I think it's situation based. There are times when it is best to take the risk, like when you need to tell someone how you feel about something. It's always a risk to open up to someone like that but I have found that if you aren't honest about your feelings you end up regretting it. Even if you are telling someone how you feel about them and your feelings aren't returned, it still feels better to let it out. If you don't you end up spending years wondering.

There are times when it's better to play it safe too. Like, if you have a family and have a very risky business opportunity. Even though it could potentially turn out really well, it could also end up really hurting people. You don't gamble with people's welfare, especially your family's.

I'd say that I've played it safe for most of my life and I look back and think that there were times when I should've taken more risks but was too afraid to put myself out there. That's not to say that I didn't ever take risks. I did, some worked out well and some make me wonder what I was thinking.

I guess in the end it's all about thinking things through and doing things for the right reasons. It's never a good idea to make decisions based on fear, greed, other people's opinions etc. You have to do what you think is best for you and those who depend on you. Also, to keep in mind that sometimes the scarier a risk is, the more likely you should take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.