Sunday, March 31, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 31

So, looking back on this past month I am glad I decided to participate in NaBloPoMo. The theme of risk was something I knew I needed to explore. I feel like I have been at a bit of a stand-still for quite some time and I need to start moving. I'm not content with just introspection anymore. Seeing differences in myself is great but I need to see differences in my life now. I want something more obvious to show for it, something that can be seen from the outside. I know its going to require me to take a risk, or maybe a few to start moving in a direction that will be beneficial to me. Plus there's something incredible about having writing prompts. It made me examine some things that I probably wouldn't have thought about on my own.

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, when I started this I was pretty sure that I wouldn't complete it. I am afraid of putting pressure on myself because I tend to rebel against pressure. Something I've realized is that I don't rebel when I'm the one putting the pressure on myself, I rebel when it is someone else doing it. So I need to have more faith in myself that I will do what I say if its something I want to do. I really do thrive when I have a self-imposed project.

I won't be participating in next month's NaBloPoMo. The theme is Fresh and it is about our relationship with nature. While I feel like it is a great theme, I could use a better relationship with nature, I want to focus on expanding what I've learned this month. Its too much of a change in thought process. I hope to start making moves. I was looking over the prompts for the month and it's possible that I will use some of them but I'm not sure. I will be keeping track of future themes and the next time one speaks to me I will participate again.

If you are inspired and would like to participate, here is the link for you! NaBloPoMo April 2013- Theme: Fresh

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.