Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Sunday Whirl- Wordle 101

The sands of time continue to pass
The yesterdays are multiplying
My former self is long forgotten
Years of hurt have created a disguise
That thought is rather jarring
And has stirred me into action
And is bringing me back to life
I can no longer walk through life
As the wounded version of myself
It's time to find myself again
To recapture the beauty I used to have
In a hurry, no more standing still
It's time to get off this useless road
And finally follow the winding country road
That is my heart and mind
To follow my bliss through the deep valleys
And across the dark plains it takes me to
Until I find that place where I can plant my tree
Where I can nurture it and tend to it
One day I'll watch it blossom into something wonderful


This was inspired by The Sunday Whirl- Wordle 101. All my poems seem to have the same theme lately. I'm looking forward to the day when I can write about what's it's like to finally have figured out what direction I'm going in.

Creative Commons License
This work by Porcelain Lotus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/wordle-101/.

2 comments:

  1. May you (or the speaker in the poem) be successful in the quest to recapture former beauty.

    A Dozen Whirls

    Would you please consider getting rid of word verification? You already have comment moderation, and having both is really overkill. Besides, word verification is very difficult to read, and it discourages people from leaving comments. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Magical Mystical Teacher- Ok, I removed it. I was trying to limit the spam comments but I would never want to make it difficult for people to leave real comments.

    Thank you for reading my work and the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.