Monday, March 25, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 25 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #17
Do you like getting up to speak in front of a crowd? Will you submit this year for VOTY?

I am usually more comfortable behind the scenes. I prefer for my work to speak instead of me. However, I have no problem speaking in front of groups if I know most of the people. Giving speeches or presenting projects during school was pretty easy for me. I don't really like it but I can easily handle it. Back in second grade my school participated in some sort of speech meet. All the students had to present a speech as a "try-out" and the teacher for each class chose the best to go to the meet. I was one of the ones chosen. Who knew! Apparently, I was good at speeches! At least I was when I was 7.

I have much more trouble speaking in front of groups of people that I don't know or if there is a lot at stake. Presenting my senior project was nerve-wracking. Not only did I not know the people I was presenting to, if I did a bad job I wouldn't have graduated. I was shaking in my boots, literally. When my adrenaline is high and my nerves hit, I shake like a little chihuahua. It's hard to take someone who is shaking seriously.

I have no idea what VOTY is so I can't answer that part. If it would require me to give a speech then I probably wouldn't submit. Not at this point in my life anyways. I would like to get to a point where I can speak in front of crowds. It's not on the top of my list at this point though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.