Friday, March 29, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 29 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #21
What new risk have you decided to take after thinking about risk all month?

This month I finally voiced (posted) my desire to teach journal therapy to people, especially children. What I'm going to do from here is learn all I can about what I need to do to make that happen. I hope that there are organizations that do this or could expand to doing this. I will probably have to take some classes, maybe even get a degree. I don't intend to become a psychiatrist or anything like that. My point is to teach people a way to explore themselves and help sort out their minds that they can do at anytime, not to diagnose their problems myself.

The risk I guess, is spending more time and more money trying to achieve a goal that might not be right for me. The other risk might be my particular views on journalling. Some people believe that writing is the only way to journal and the only way it would be effective. I believe that there are many types of journalling and many ways to explore oneself. I believe that art journalling, song journalling, having a drawing journal, and journal writing are all ways that one could use to sort themselves out. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I know about. It all depends on the person doing the journalling and how they best interact with themselves. I may have a hard time getting people I could potentially work with to take that view seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.