Tuesday, March 26, 2013

NaBloPoMo March 26 Prompt

NaBloPoMo Prompt #18
Discuss this famous Anais Nin quote: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

 Obviously this quote means a lot to me since I keep it right over there ----->. I came across this quote last year and it really resonated with me. I even posted it here. It basically describes exactly what I've been going through. I've spent quite a bit of my life closed up because it was the only way to stay safe and to protect my heart. It lead me in a direction that seemed the safest but slowly I began to realize that I hated everything that my life was becoming and I didn't understand why. I started writing and blogging as a way to sort it all out. I realized it was because I wasn't living up to my potential and I wasn't feeding my heart. I wasn't protecting myself anymore. I was hurting myself. So, it was time to blossom, to open up my heart and mind to finally explore them.

I'm still working on it. I have about 15 years of hurt to go through, maybe more and a whole lifetime of things I need to unlearn in order to find what I really need in life. So, I am indeed going to blossom but I'll be one of those flowers that takes years to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to share your thoughts and your stories if anything I've said connects with you.